Observational and Modern Astronomy
28 Hrs (1 credit)
Students, Professionals and Enthusiasts
Purpose of the Course
Introduce students to astronomy from a modern point of view by describing basic concepts fundamental for present-day understanding of the Cosmos. Additionally, the course will deliver some key tools for observational astronomy, and practical field activities will also be part of the experience.
Topics of the Course
Dirección de Relaciones Institucionales
Universidad Católica del Norte
- Field Coordinator
- Assistant Professor (or tour guide if applicable)
- Transfer to all locations
- Snacks in all field activities
- Tickets to all locations, parks and centers
- Merchandising and gifts from Atacama Immersion
It is strongly suggested to bring sunscreen, swimming suit, trekking shoes, hat, and warm and light clothes.